Corfu: Travel Diary

 


Do you remember how the warm sun feels on your skin while lying down on the beach and listening to the silence of nature? You hear the cicadas buzzing every second as if they are crying for their own piece of summer. You think to yourself: ''I'm good now, I'm happy. I'm here and I'm free.''


I've recently traveled to Corfu, a rather large island in Greece, and this is a small piece of how I've felt for the time I was there. 
Being away from your home hits different when it's summer. You feel like the time is passing so hard, you feel like running and traveling all day long. You only need a few bottles of water and you're good to go. 

My entire trip to Corfu was, indeed, hot but it was also extremely magical and different... And as much as I enjoyed drinking my cup of coffee in Bucharest and enjoying my summer in my hometown, I can only say how much I've missed traveling and seeing new places.
There are plenty of things to do in Corfu, from relaxing on different beaches (whether with fine sand or with pebbles) to visiting the old town, in Kerkira, to exploring the cuisine of the island in various places.

I'll showcase down below some of the photos from my trip to Corfu.


The view from a beach we've visited during our boat trip (which was not as great as expected because there was strong wind and the sea was very wavy; of course, we had to end the trip sooner for our safety).


The view from Corfu's old fortress (a Venetian fortress) to the harbour. 


One of the old town's small, pleasant streets.


Details.


Just another of the streets from the old town.


Architecture details.


Greek is not one of my favorite languages but it definitely could be funny at times (especially if you hear them speaking English)


Details of another beautiful street.






The waves were always the ones to catch my attention at all times. The beauty of them was easily captured in many of my photographs (which you can observe on my photography account on Instagram, too!



Haha, I told ya!




Corfu, from my perspective, is one of the islands that are worth visiting at least once in your lifetime. It's full of surprises, filled with joy and great food (and even good coffee if you're looking close!). I'm grateful for the opportunity to have traveled there during these uncertain times. It was definitely something that opened my appetite for life again and it sure won't be the last experience to do so.


For more photos, check my photography page HERE!