Thoughts of 21

 


15.01.2022


Today marks a new beginning. I've been hiding under too many covers, afraid of something that I've no control over.

Here I am, aging, feeling a tad older. I've turned 21 today, yet I feel like I'm stuck at 17. With every age comes more responsibilities, more maturity, more cries for help from the ones who have already been through this age.

I have so many questions I have yet to find an answer to. I'm just praying and hoping that all my answers will be good and reasonable.

I'm 21 today and sometimes I act like a child, not knowing what to do, with so much panic in her chest. 

I'm 21 and I realize how diverse I am. I could be a happy sunflower today, or an evil spoiled queen the next day; or maybe a crazy, manic girlfriend, or a silent, lonely bookworm. I love my diversity, I love what it says about me. 

I'm 21 and I sometimes feel like I've lost my reality and I'm collapsing somewhere no one can find me. 

But, hey, I'm 21 and I won't give up. I won't. I'll fight for whom I love, for what I love, for what I desire and crave. And although I'm only 21, I know how to fight.