A happy day in Iași

my photo


You know those days when you just cannot believe how joyful you are and how grateful you suddenly become for everything around you? It could be any sort of detail that just makes you feel your heart fluttering in your chest - be it a long walk, a photoshoot in nature, or a shopping spree. 


My day was exactly like that, no kidding (and no, it's not even about bragging here, guys). After not getting too much sleep, I pretty much thought I'd complain all day about it and not be able to do much and not take advantage of the sun outside. However, in the past few weeks, I have started to shift my mindset and work with me on this thing. Instead of complaining, I'd go do something productive or I'd take the day as it is and roll with it (if it's really not such a good day). 
So instead, I asked my mom to go out for a long stroll around the city, maybe we'd end up getting a coffee somewhere nice and, you know, have a nice bonding time. 

And we did. We took a tram and got off at the last station, in Copou Park. From there, we let our feet guide us towards the more silent areas of the park and onto smaller streets filled with big, cozy houses that we got to admire. I also got to meet so many adorable four-legged companions along the way, (mostly cats that were waaay too lazy to greet me with their fluff). 

From there, we ended up arriving at the University. And I'm not going to lie, I wondered what it would have been like to actually study there and follow a different degree. For sure, my life would have had a different course and it would've flowed in a different direction. Nevertheless, I took some photos in front of the stunning building (couldn't help it!), then we continued our walk. 



Arriving in the city center, we stopped to get a bagel from Petru (10/10, would recommend to anyone!), and we eventually ended up in the main station of buses and trams. And just as we were about to leave, I asked mom if she wanted to grab a coffee around this place, and she agreed. And just like that, we settled at Gist for a little while, a place I instantly fell in love with. 
Minimalistic and pretty? Check. Good staff? Check. Extremely tasty coffee? Check, check, check. 


More on my Instagram! (@heyitsteo)


One espresso double and a flat white, please!



If you know me well, you can tell I'm a lover of aesthetics and I have a thing for neutral colors (beige, gray, etc.) so of course, I made myself the promise that I will come back here soon and hopefully I'll get to visit the indoors of the cafe, too! ☕ 

Quick promo break: If you want to look at their Instagram, click here! You will not regret it! 💛

Last but not least, my mom wanted us to visit a small boutique that we used to go to when I was a little kid (not even kidding, it's that old). And since the shop was really close to the cafe, we did just that. And of course, we had to have a little shopping spree because the place is just filled with sweet, unique accessories that are really hard to miss! (One more reason to shop less from the malls and go support local stores!) Want a tip? You can easily find some really pretty paintings-inspired tote bags that are so affordable and so well-made! 

This is the bag I got!


The details are exquisite!

You can also check the shop's Instagram here or the Facebook page here!


To conclude this amazing day, I really felt the joy of being alive and promised myself to do more stuff like this that can fill my soul with happiness and pure bliss!

If you ever stop by this city, I really recommend you go on a tour by foot and discover its stunning places! I promise you will not regret it.

Until then,

Stay safe!


INSTAGRAM


Disclaimer: All the photos are mine.